Cause of death released for motel fire victim

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
A man was killed in a fire at a downtown Augusta motel. (WRDW-TV)

A man was killed in a fire at a downtown Augusta motel. (WRDW-TV)

Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The cause of death has been released for a man killed in a fire at a motel in downtown Augusta.

Lt. Carlton Bradley says the cause of the fire appears to be smoking in bed.

Coroner Grover Tuten says 43-year-old Fredrick Neil Galloway was found with smoke and soot in his lungs and third-degree burns. Tuten says Galloway's death could be ruled as accidental, pending toxicology testing.

The fire happened Sunday night at the Courtesy Motel on 15th Street.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186040292 - wrdw.com/a?a=186040292
Gray Television, Inc.