Cause of death released for motel fire victim

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
A man was killed in a fire at a downtown Augusta motel. (WRDW-TV)

A man was killed in a fire at a downtown Augusta motel. (WRDW-TV)

Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The cause of death has been released for a man killed in a fire at a motel in downtown Augusta.

Lt. Carlton Bradley says the cause of the fire appears to be smoking in bed.

Coroner Grover Tuten says 43-year-old Fredrick Neil Galloway was found with smoke and soot in his lungs and third-degree burns. Tuten says Galloway's death could be ruled as accidental, pending toxicology testing.

The fire happened Sunday night at the Courtesy Motel on 15th Street.


Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.


Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186040292 - wrdw.com/a?a=186040292