News 12 First at Five / Friday, Sept. 21, 2012
EVANS, Ga. -- The Lakeside Middle School student accused of touching girls inappropriately is no longer allowed on school grounds.
He must also pay up $20,000 and get a psychological exam.
Deputies say this isn't the first time he's being accused of sexual battery. They said it happened last year with one girl who chose not to prosecute at the time.
This time around, she found herself a victim yet again -- along with three other girls.
Juvenile Court Judge Doug Flanagan told the suspect in court Friday, "Now, you are back with four more victims. I've got news for you: That's not acceptable behavior to be touching people sexually."
That news came with a $20,000 bond and the 13-year-old Martinez boy now heads to Louisiana to live with his dad.
Judge Flanagan told News 12, "When you go up and touch someone in a sexual manner, it's against the law."
One week ago, four girls claimed the boy, whom we won't identify, touched them in the hallways and in a classroom at Lakeside Middle School. The report says he poked and slapped their body parts.
News 12 spoke to the boy's grandmother as she left the courthouse.
"My grandson is no criminal, never has been, and what they are portraying him to be, I'm sorry, but he's not," she said.
The assistant principal described the middle schooler as a good student academically. The boy's attorney claimed it could be why the victims wanted to get him in trouble.
Meanwhile, the boy's mother got herself in trouble with the judge Friday.
"Mom, I don't know why you are shaking your head over there because this is not the first time your son's been in trouble breaking the law. It's not a game, mom, just to let you know. He's in court because he did it to himself," Flanagan said in court.
Investigators say last year, he touched one girl inappropriately but the case was dropped.
The suspect's grandmother said, "My grandson is mild-mannered, as quiet as he can be."
News 12's Sheli Muniz asked, "But he had a prior incident with sexual battery?"
She replied, "Ma'am, I'm not, right now I need to go do what I need to do. You be blessed."
She had no comment for the alleged victims, either.
The boy will live with his grandmother in Hephzibah until he moves to Louisiana to be with his father. He will be required to wear an ankle monitor in the meantime and has since been suspended from school.
In total, the boy is being charged with five counts of sexual battery, which are felonies.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.