Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Doctors at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta have been busy treating burn patients at the start of 2013.
Hospital officials say four different patients came into the hospital on Tuesday with fireworks injuries. Their ages ranged between 7 and 33 years old.
The patients are from all over, including: Augusta, Ga.; Sumter, S.C.; Destrehan, La.; and Columbus, Ga.
Two of the patients had fireworks explode in their hands. Another had a Roman candle shoot up their jacket sleeve and set the jacket on fire.
Another patient was shooting fireworks out of a tube when the firework fell out of the bottom and set the patient's pants on fire.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.