Augusta hospital treats patients with injuries from fireworks

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Doctors at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta have been busy treating burn patients at the start of 2013.

Hospital officials say four different patients came into the hospital on Tuesday with fireworks injuries. Their ages ranged between 7 and 33 years old.

The patients are from all over, including: Augusta, Ga.; Sumter, S.C.; Destrehan, La.; and Columbus, Ga.

Two of the patients had fireworks explode in their hands. Another had a Roman candle shoot up their jacket sleeve and set the jacket on fire.

Another patient was shooting fireworks out of a tube when the firework fell out of the bottom and set the patient's pants on fire.

Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.

Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission. is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185475442 -
Gray Television, Inc.