Thursday, June 20, 2013
GLOVERVILLE, S.C. (WRDW) -- A retirement home on Lawana Drive in Gloverville was evacuated after a multi-unit fire Thursday afternoon.
Officials say someone left something on the stove, which set the sprinklers off and caused flooding at the Villages At Horse Creek.
Dozens of residents waited outside while investigators looked into what happened.
The local American Red Cross says 18 seniors, two children and two pets were displaced by the fire. The Red Cross and Aiken County Emergency Management helped them find somewhere to stay.
Have information or an opinion about this story? Click here to contact the newsroom.
Copyright WRDW-TV News 12. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished without express written permission.