North Augusta church fills with smoke

July 11, 2007

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C.---During this afternoon's violent storms, a fire alarm went off at Grace United Methodist Church on Georgia Avenue in North Augusta.

There were no flames, just a lot of smoke.

North Augusta Public Safety tells News 12 they believe an air conditioning unit caused the smoke, which set off alarms at the church.

There were no reports of injuries, and there was no damage to the church.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8441547 - wrdw.com/a?a=8441547
Gray Television, Inc.