Silver Bluff H.S. football game delayed because of fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

September 4, 2009

AIKEN, S.C.--The fire department was called to Silver Bluff High School tonight. News 12 is told the concession stand caught on fire.

A News 12 staffer says flames on a grill got too high and someone tried to put them out with water. The flames jumped to the building and did quite a bit of damage to the inside.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Mike Location: Warrenville,SC on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    I agree with these two persons, nobody knows the truth but the individuals who were actually there at the scene. You can give somebody an inch but they would take a mile and twist everything up. People need to leave well enough alone and quit twisting up stories, thats how the rumor mills get started!!!
  • by Jeff Overcash Location: Jackson, S.C. on Sep 6, 2009 at 02:32 PM
    So much for accurate reporting. My wife and I run the concession stand for the Silver Spirit Band. My wife was inside the concession stand when the fire started. 1) We don't use a grill inside the concession stand, it's outside. 2) The deep fryer (inside) is what started the fire. Personnel working the fryers are experienced. By the time fire extinguishers were used (by a policeman) the fire was beyond the inceipent stage and personnel left the building. That's the correct response, get out. From all the comments I've heard, I don't guess anyone from the news stations felt they needed to talk to anyone that was inside the concession stand, so they just made up their on story. You may find out that fact makes better reading than your fiction.
  • by Debbie Location: jackson on Sep 6, 2009 at 09:22 AM
    This is an inaccurate account. I was inside at the time of the fire and no one threw water on the fire. We used a fire extenguisher and when it hit the fire it expolded. A cop ran in and used a second one on the fire and this caused the fire to run up the wall. Please get your facts straight. No one used water on this grease fire.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 57435582 - wrdw.com/a?a=57435582
Gray Television, Inc.