5-year-old dies in fatal fire in Millen

By: Staff
By: Staff

Friday, Feb. 14, 2014

MILLEN, Ga. (WRDW) -- A 5-year-old girl dies in an early morning fire that sent the rest of her family to the hospital.

Grace Dudley died this morning in fire that was started by a candle in the bathroom.

The Dudley family lost power in their home during the ice storm. They were using a generator and candles while the power was out.

Parents, George and Nicolette Dudley are in the hospital being treated for burns and smoke inhalation. Dalton, 9, made it out of the house with no injuries.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and weather related. Commissioner Ralph Hudgins is urging everyone to use extreme caution while using alternate sources of power.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 245548251 - wrdw.com/a?a=245548251