Monday, Oct. 22, 2012
ATLANTA (AP) -- The Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk wrapped up this weekend in Atlanta, with more than $4.2 million raised for breast cancer research and awareness.
Officials said nearly 1,600 pink-clad walkers traveled 60 miles over three days before finishing Saturday at Turner Field. They averaged 20 miles per day and slept in tents along the way.
The Susan G. Komen Foundation told WAGA-TV that 75 percent of the proceeds will go to national research and large public health outreach programs and the remaining 25 percent will support local community and affiliate outreach programs.
(Copyright 2012, The Associated Press)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.