Fire at Kurama Japanese Restaurant ruled accidental

The fire at Kurama Japanese restaurant has been ruled accidental.

The fire happened on March 2, starting in the ceiling area at around 8 am.

Fire investigator Lt. G. B. Hannan says there are two possible causes of the fire: wiring in the hood system in the first table dining area, or grease in the hood system and ductwork.

The restaurant has been completely destroyed and will be gutted.


Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2455282 - wrdw.com/a?a=2455282
Gray Television, Inc.