CORRECTION: This story has been corrected to state that the witness was jogging, not driving, on Silver Fox Way.
Wednesday afternoon at about 2pm, a man jogging on Silver Fox Way spotted a tiny flame between two houses. The man called 911, then started knocking on neighbor's doors.
Within a few minutes, one of the houses was on fire. That house has burned completely. Another house was damaged on one side.
The cause was a "carelessly discarded smoking item", likely a cigarette.
There was dry grass and pine straw in the yard where the "item" was thrown that caused the fire to spread.
Be sure to watch News 12 at 5 o'clock for more details.