CORRECTION: This story has been corrected to state that the witness was jogging, not driving, on Silver Fox Way.
Wednesday afternoon at about 2pm, a man jogging on Silver Fox Way spotted a tiny flame between two houses. The man called 911, then started knocking on neighbor's doors.
Within a few minutes, one of the houses was on fire. That house has burned completely. Another house was damaged on one side.
The cause was a "carelessly discarded smoking item", likely a cigarette.
There was dry grass and pine straw in the yard where the "item" was thrown that caused the fire to spread.
Be sure to watch News 12 at 5 o'clock for more details.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.