March 11, 2008
AUGUSTA, Ga.-- 61 year old Willie Newton died in an early morning house fire.
It happened in the 1600 bllock of Luckey Street, which is off 15th Street in Augusta.
Chief Deputy Coroner Mark Bowen told News 12 Mr. Newton was disabled, confined to a wheelchair and lived alone.
The fire started around 4:45 Tuesday morning.
The coroner says they found Newton in a bedroom in the house. He had extensive burns.
Fire investigators think several extension cords in the bedroom led to an electrical overload and that caused the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.