Pets injured in house fire

News 12 at 11, February 25, 2008

AUGUSTA, GA.--A fire breaks out Monday night on Walker Street in Augusta.

Firefighters say they're not sure exactly how the fire started but the owner of the house--a woman-- was sleeping around eight o'clock when the fire started in the kitchen and then spread into the attic.

The fire caused some damage to the house but it's still standing.

The woman's dog and cat suffered smoke inhalation but were treated. Firefighters on the scene say they'll by all right.

No one else was hurt in the fire.


WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 15961982 - wrdw.com/a?a=15961982
Gray Television, Inc.