On Your Side: Unwanted Gift Cards

By: Jeff Anderson Email
By: Jeff Anderson Email

News 12 at 6, February 11, 2008

Ladies, if you've got a gift card to Home Depot, or guys, if you ended up with a gift card to Victoria's Secret, you may be wondering what to do with them.

You do have some options. You could re-gift it. But you could also go to a website where you can sell or trade it.

These things don't come without a price.

You will be charged a fee of some sort for the service, but it will allow you to get something back. Some sites charge you around $2 to list your card to swap or sell. Some sites will also buy them from you, but the fees skyrocket quickly when that happens.

Sometimes you'll only end up with 60 percent of the card's value. The key here is to read the fine print before you go ahead with the transaction.

This won't work for everyone, but they are options for the people who don't want to use the card, but don't want to lose all of its value either.

WRDW.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1212 Augusta, GA 30903 Main Telephone: (803) 278-1212 Newsroom: (803) 278-3111 newsroom@wrdw.com Fax: (803) 442-4561
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 15524197 - wrdw.com/a?a=15524197
Gray Television, Inc.