December 7, 2007
AIKEN, S.C.---It was not the luckiest of days for one man in Aiken. It all started with a small explosion that caught his pants on fire.
A small can exploded at B&B Glass on Park Avenue, catching a man's pants on fire and burning his legs.
An ambulance picked up the man to transport him to the MCG Burn Unit. But on the way there, the ambulance was involved in a three-vehicle accident.
The ambulance was heading north on Highway 19 when a 1989 Chevrolet Impala driven by Richard Satterwhite of North Augusta pulled out in front of it from Sassafras Road. A 2004 Dodge pickup truck driven by James Ford of North Augusta then hit the Impala.
Another ambulance arrived on the scene to take the burn patient to the hospital.
Satterwhite was charged with failure to yield the right of way.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.